Everyone comes into contact with aggression on the street, at school, at work or at home. More than a quarter of women experience sexual assault or worse. Of all forms of aggression, these events have the greatest impact, physically and mentally. No good news. The good news is that women can protect themselves against this.
The Rape Aggression Defense System (R.A.D.) is a program with realistic self-defense tactics and techniques. The RAD System is a comprehensive course for women that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction, and avoidance and progresses to the basics of hands-on defense training. During the course you will learn in a short period of time - 7 weeks - simple, practical and effective skills to protect yourself, but also your loved ones. We use the R.A.D. system developed in America for this. You can read more about it below.
R.A.D. is not a martial arts program.
It is a course that includes the entire program for physical and mental self-defense and strives for continuous personal growth. The RAD system of physical defense is currently taught in many colleges and universities. The widespread adoption of this system is mainly due to the ease, simplicity and effectiveness of the tactics, sound research, legal defensibility and unique teaching methods.
The Rape Aggression Defense System is designed to teach women defensive concepts and techniques against different types of attacks, using simple, effective and proven self-defense and martial arts tactics. This system of realistic defense gives women the insight to make an informed decision about resistance.
R.A.D. systems, in short, assumes this:
• there is no fair fight on the street
• Your opponent is bigger, stronger, fitter
• The attacker chose you as a victim.
• You must change his mind quickly and effectively.
• If you use too much force you will go to prison.
• If you use too little, he will go to prison and you to the hospital.
R.A.D. Systems teaches you to use appropriate force!
Where physical violence is meant above, you will also learn to deal with mental violence* in this course.
* Mental violence is not physical. With mental violence you limit someone in his freedom, development and self-development:
• Making fun of someone's body, posture or figure;
• Not accepting someone's personal activities;
• Criticizing someone negatively for everything they do, think or say, humiliate and accuse the other person: saying that person is worthless, stupid and crazy;
• Threatening to leave the other;
• Controlling the emotional life by saying not to associate with others or punishing someone for contact with others;
• Forbid someone to take to the streets to work, study or play sports.
Then sign up for this 7-week course; together with your friends, colleagues or family members.
We will start again in mid-November or early December 2023 - depending on the registrations. Maximum number of participants per group is 16. Register quickly because the courses of 2021 and '22 were fully booked within 1 week.
Location: Schipperplein 2, Almere
When: Monday at 1:00 PM. Or on Saturday from 13:15. One lesson lasts more than one hour.
Costs: € 90,= per participant. If you want to refresh a course after a while, you pay € 45 for the 7 lessons.
For whom? All women over the age of 17. Condition, strength, experience: not necessary!
HERE sign up for a safe future!